Faried leads Nuggets past JazzApr 13, 2014 - 4:27 AM Denver Nuggets defeated the Utah Jazz, 101-94, on Saturday.
Randy Foye netted a team-high 26 points and Evan Fournier came off the bench and supplied 23 for Denver, which has a three-game winning streak.
"The effort of the guys competing and playing hard I thought everyone contributed in their own special way," said Nuggets coach Brian Shaw. "The guys really have something going and I'm proud of them the way they are finishing up the season."
Gordon Hayward paced Utah with 23 points, while Enes Kanter and Derrick Favors each recorded double-doubles.
Kanter had 22 points and 14 rebounds and Favors added 13 points with 10 boards in the Jazz's fourth straight setback.
The Nuggets trailed by 10 at the break, but outscored the Jazz 67-50 over the final two quarters in large part to shooting 7-of-13 from beyond the arc.
Utah led by eight with 2 1/2 minutes left in the third when Denver ended the frame on a 9-2 run to cut the deficit to 65-64 entering the fourth. Foye gave the Nuggets their first lead of the game, 77-76, with a 3-pointer with just under seven minutes remaining in the fourth.
Fournier followed with a three-point play to extend the cushion, but the Jazz closed to within two before Fournier and Foye delivered the dagger.
Foye knocked down a trey to make it a five-point spread with 3 1/2 to play and Fournier buried a triple on the following Denver touch to make it 90-82.
Utah got as close as four, but Denver made enough free throws down to stretch to secure victory.
"They made shots," said Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin. "They made plays down the stretch and we didn't."
Earlier, Utah led 23-18 after one quarter and took a 44-34 lead into the locker room at half.
Denver was 0-for-9 from beyond the arc in the first half ... The Nuggets owned a 52-39 edge on the boards ... Utah scored 16 points off of 18 Nuggets turnovers, and Denver tallied 14 points on 14 Jazz giveaways ... Timofey Mozgov totaled 11 points and 10 rebounds for Denver.
Apr 12 11:30 PM
- UTAH: 94
End of Regulation
Apr 12 11:30 PM
- UTAH: 65
End of 3rd
Apr 12 10:48 PM
- UTAH: 44
Apr 12 10:05 PM
- UTAH: 23
End of 1st
Apr 12 9:37 PM
- UTAH: 2
1st Quarter - 11:48
Apr 12 9:11 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Apr 14
- Nuggets miss postseason for a 3rd straight year Apr 14
- Kobe scores 60 points in unbelievable farewell victory Apr 14
- Playoff destination sealed, Blazers beat Nuggets 107-99 Apr 14
- Warriors' chase, Kobe's finale highlight NBA's final night Apr 13
- Nuggets-Trail Blazers Preview Apr 13
- Improved Kemba Walker has Hornets back in the playoffs Apr 12