Millsap leads UAB past Wisconsin-Green Bay 68-56Nov 14, 2009 - 1:02 AM KENT, Ohio(AP) -- Elijah Millsap scored 22 points and grabbed 11 rebounds to lead Alabama-Birmingham to a 68-56 win over Wisconsin-Green Bay in the season opener for both teams on Friday.
Howard Crawford added 15 points for the Blazers, who went on a 14-2 run to claim a 55-43 lead with 4:50 left the second half against the Phoenix in the Hispanic College Fund Classic. Crawford, who shot 7-for-11 from the field, led the spurt with six points and Kenneth Cooper added four points.
UAB pushed its margin to 15 points - its largest of the game - on Cameron Moore's layup with 1:42 left to play. Cooper also had seven points and 11 rebounds, and Millsap shot 5 of 6 from beyond the arc.
Rahmon Fletcher led Wisconsin-Green Bay with 14 points, while Bryquis Perine had 13.
The Blazers outrebounded the Phoenix 40-29.
- UAB gives Robert Ehsan 5-year deal worth $450,000 annually Apr 20
- UAB elevates Rob Ehsan to become men's basketball coach Apr 4
- Texas A&M aims for respect in first NCAA tourney since 2011 Mar 17
- Green Bay announcer says game ejection was misunderstanding Mar 9
- Green Bay pulls away from Morehead State in 2nd half, 78-72 Dec 28
- UAB, Haase agree to new 6-year contract Mar 25
- UCLA beats UAB to reach Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Spot in Sweet 16 awaits winner of UAB vs. UCLA Mar 21
- UAB topples Iowa State for first upset of tourney Mar 19
- Cyclones start tournament in showdown with Blazers Mar 19
- UAB buries Middle Tennessee to claim C-USA crown Mar 14
- Blue Raiders, Blazers collide in C-USA title match Mar 14