Chattanooga routs Virginia Intermont 107-62Nov 14, 2009 - 2:35 AM CHATTANOOGA, Tenn.(AP) -- Keegan Bell had five of Chattanooga's 11 steals in a 107-62 win over Virginia Intermont on Friday night.
Bell had four steals within the first 4 minutes and made a 3-point shot with 16:35 left in the first half for a 16-0 Mocs' lead in the season opener for both teams.
Chattanooga, which led 62-30 at halftime, had six players score in double figures, including Bell with 12 points.
Ricky Taylor led the Mocs with 17 points, Josh Odem had 16, Jeremy Saffore added 15 and Ridge McKeither scored 14.
Jeff Smith, who finished with 11 points, put Chattanooga ahead 93-37 for its biggest lead of the game on a jump shot with 10:24 remaining.
Saffore also had 13 rebounds, leading the Mocs to a 59-29 advantage on the boards.
The Cobras were led by Benjamin Mulkey with 17 points and Wade Bryant with 10. Bryant also had four turnovers for Virginia Intermont.
- Chattanooga selects McCall as new men's hoops coach Apr 12
- Wade leaves Chattanooga to return to VCU Apr 7
- No. 3 Wisconsin trounces Chattanooga Nov 16
- No. 3 Wisconsin entertains Chattanooga Nov 16
- Chattanooga extends Foster through 2018-19 Jun 5
- Adams leads UCLA past Chattanooga Nov 25
- Mocs seek upset of 22nd-ranked Bruins Nov 24
- Chattanooga selects Wade as new men's hoops coach May 13
- Chattanooga tabs Foster as next women's basketball coach May 9
- Chattanooga fires Shulman Mar 21
- Jayhawks use second-half surge to down Mocs Nov 16
- Mocs face tall task in clash with seventh-ranked Jayhawks Nov 15