Brown defeats St. Francis, N.Y. 68-64Nov 14, 2009 - 3:14 AM BROOKLYN HEIGHTS, N.Y.(AP) -- Matt Mullery scored 16 points and blocked six shots in Brown's 68-64 win over St. Francis (N.Y.) in the season opener for both teams on Friday night.
Mullery increased his career blocked shots total to 121, surpassing the previous mark of 119 by Alai Nuualiitia, who played from 1999-2003 for the Bears, now in their 104th season.
Trailing 30-32 at halftime, Brown had big second-half performances from Jean-Herbert Harris and Adrian Williams.
Harris scored 12 of his career-high 18 points, and Williams added 12 of his 14 points, all on 3-pointers, in the second half.
The Bears took the lead for good at 57-55 on a Matt Sullivan layup with 5:44 left to play.
Akeem Bennett led three Terriers in double figures with 19 points. Nigel Byam added 17 points and 11 rebounds and Alex Harrington scored 13 points for St. Francis.
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- St. Francis Brooklyn holds off Robert Morris 82-72 Feb 20
- Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown back for No. 10 SMU Jan 11
- Larry Brown not on No. 15 SMU bench after halftime Jan 10
- St. Francis (BKN) holds off Robert Morris 56-49 Jan 9
- SMU's Brown set for return after 9-game NCAA suspension Dec 21
- SMU opener marks start of Larry Brown's NCAA suspension Nov 12
- Auburn freshman guard Bryce Brown suspended for opener Nov 12
- Cal freshmen stars Brown, Rabb focused on school first Oct 29
- Top recruit Jaylen Brown picks Cal May 1
- Holy Carmody! Crusaders name their coach Mar 19
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10