Lamar rolls past Huston-Tillotson 80-57Nov 14, 2009 - 4:14 AM BEAUMONT, Texas(AP) -- Justin Nabors led all players with 24 points and 13 rebounds as Lamar won its season opener Friday night, 80-57 over Huston-Tillotson.
Anthony Miles added 13 points and 10 rebounds for the Cardinals.
Darrell Glover had a team-high 13 points for the Huston-Tillotson, an NAIA school.
Lamar was ahead 37-27 at halftime and extended its lead to as many as 27 in the second half.
Huston-Tillotson played well early and led 21-14 with 9:45 left in the first half. However, the Cardinals responded with a 14-0 run to take a 28-21 advantage, and they led the rest of the night.
- Gathers' record-setting performance helps Baylor earn victory Jan 22
- Rams face uphill battle in showdown with Bears Jan 21
- No. 20 Iowa State pulls away to rout Lamar Dec 2
- Cyclones seek redemption in clash with Cardinals Dec 2
- No. 22 SMU routs Lamar in opener Nov 15
- 22nd-ranked Mustangs begin season against Cardinals Nov 14
- Lamar axes Pat Knight Feb 16
- Vermont downs Lamar, joins field of 64 Mar 14
- Vermont battles Lamar in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 14
- Lamar downs McNeese State in Southland final Mar 11
- Cardinals and Cowboys clash for Southland crown Mar 10
- Kentucky cruises past Lamar in primer for battle with Louisville Dec 29