Saint Louis beats SE Missouri 59-41Nov 15, 2009 - 3:32 AM ST. LOUIS(AP) -- Willie Reed scored 15 points and had 12 rebounds and Brian Conklin had 15 points to lead Saint Louis to a 59-41 victory over Southeast Missouri State on Saturday night.
Kwamain Mitchell added 13 points for the Billikens (1-0), who helped coach Rick Majerus improve to 22-1 in season openers.
Anthony Allison and Derek Thompson had 10 points to lead Southeast Missouri State (0-1), which was playing its first game under new coach Dickey Nutt.
Saint Louis scored the first six points of the second half for a 36-20 lead. Southeast Missouri State followed with a 16-5 run, including six points from Allison and four from Thompson, to pull within 41-36 with 10 minutes left.
The Billikens put the game away with a 8-0 run. Kyle Cassity had a 3-pointer, and Reed added a dunk and free throw to put Saint Louis ahead 49-36 with 5:21 left.
- Graham leads VCU's rout of Saint Louis Feb 18
- Saint Louis comes calling on No. 25 VCU Feb 17
- No. 16 VCU holds off Saint Louis with last-second shot Jan 23
- Billikens battle 16th-ranked Rams in A-10 action Jan 23
- Wichita State routs Saint Louis Dec 7
- Eighth-ranked Shockers set sights on Billikens Dec 6
- Louisville reaches Sweet 16 with win over Saint Louis Mar 22
- Cardinals battle Billikens in Midwest Regional Mar 22
- Saint Louis battles back, downs NC State in overtime Mar 21
- Wolfpack battle Billikens in Midwest showdown Mar 20
- Gathers' buzzer-beater gives Bonnies upset of Saint Louis Mar 14
- Bonnies battle Billikens in A-10 tourney Mar 14