Austin Peay rallies for 80-77 win over AkronNov 15, 2009 - 10:33 PM AKRON, Ohio(AP) -- Anthony Campbell scored 13 of his 14 points in the second half and Duran Roberson scored all 12 of his in the frame, leading Austin Peay past Arkon 80-77 on Saturday.
Campbell and Roberson didn't attempt a field goal in the first half, but combined to go 8-for-13 in the second.
The Governors trailed 74-62 with 5:26 remaining, before scoring 17 straight points capped by a Roberson free throw with 8 seconds to play.
The Zips built a 72-57 lead, but went 1-for-8 from the field throughout the remaining 7:36.
Akron, which led 44-32 at halftime, shot 30.3 percent in the second half (10 of 33) in its season opener.
Wesley Channels scored 17 points and Tyrone Caldwell added 14 for the Governors in the Glenn Wilkes Classic.
Steve McNees scored 14 points, Anthony Hitchens added 12 and Zeke Marshall tallied 10 points and 12 rebounds for the Zips.
- Coach Dave Loos returning as Austin Peay coach Apr 5
- Top-seeded Kansas opens tournament play vs. Austin Peay Mar 16
- Niang paces Cyclones over Zips Dec 23
- Iowa State and Akron meet in Diamond Head Classic Dec 23
- Memphis cruises past Austin Peay Nov 14
- Tigers finally get underway against Governors Nov 14
- Daniels, Reddic lead Rams in rout of Zips Mar 22
- Akron takes on VCU in second round of NCAA Tournament Mar 20
- Akron routs Ohio for MAC title Mar 17
- Ohio battles Akron for MAC Tournament title Mar 16
- McDermott powers No. 16 Creighton past Akron Dec 9
- No. 16 Bluejays play host to Zips Dec 9