Long Beach State defeats Pepperdine 67-58Nov 18, 2009 - 5:32 AM MALIBU, Calif.(AP) -- Larry Anderson scored 15 of his team-high 20 points in the second half to lead visiting Long Beach State to a 67-58 victory over Pepperdine on Tuesday night.
Anderson also had five rebounds and five steals. T.J. Robinson provided 15 points and 10 rebounds for the 49ers (2-0).
Pepperdine (0-2) was led by Keion Bell, who scored a game-high 21 points. Taylor Darby grabbed six offensive rebounds and 10 total.
Long Beach State's lead hit double-digits for the first time at 49-39 after Casper Ware's lay-up with 12:15 left. The 49ers led by as many as 13 while Pepperdine got no closer than seven.
Pepperdine led 31-29 at halftime and was up 34-32 with less than 17 minutes to play, but Anderson then scored seven straight points, helping the 49ers take the lead for good. He drained a 3-pointer, then had two dunks following Pepperdine turnovers.
- Pepperdine extends Wilson Jun 5
- Gonzaga beats Pepperdine to reach WCC final Mar 10
- Bulldogs battle Waves in WCC semifinals Mar 9
- Gonzaga slips past Pepperdine in 2nd half Feb 14
- Waves hope to come crashing down on third-ranked Bulldogs Feb 14
- No. 3 Gonzaga edges Pepperdine Jan 16
- Waves hope to wash away third-ranked Bulldogs Jan 15
- Louisville handles Long Beach to get back on track Dec 30
- Cardinals seek redemption in clash with 49ers Dec 30
- No. 17 St. John's routs Long Beach State Dec 23
- 49ers hoping to calm Red Storm Dec 22
- Texas holds off Long Beach State Dec 21