Bucknell beats Delaware 82-66Nov 19, 2009 - 2:29 AM NEWARK, Del.(AP) -- Darryl Shazier scored a career-high 24 points and Patrick Behan added 18, leading Bucknell to an 82-66 win over Delaware on Wednesday night.
Shazier was 3-for-4 from beyond the arc and 9-for-9 from the foul line for the Bison (2-2), who beat Delaware (0-2) for the first time since 1996. Behan led the Bison with eight rebounds.
Byron Johnson was the third double-digit scorer for the Bison, chipping in 12 on 2-for-2 shooting from 3-point range and a 6-for-6 mark from the charity stripe.
Bucknell started the game on a 7-0 run, but the Blue Hens fought back to go up 20-18 with just under 6 minutes left in the first half.
That was the last time Delaware led, as Bucknell went on a 12-0 run from that point to retake the lead and never looked back. They led 36-24 at halftime and outscored Delaware 46-42 in the second half.
Jawan Carter paced Delaware with 17 points.
- Delaware fires men's basketball coach Monte Ross Mar 18
- Late free throw helps Delaware top Fairleigh Dickinson 73-72 Nov 24
- Bucknell downs Robert Morris, 81-76 Nov 18
- Villanova routs Delaware Nov 30
- Undefeated Wildcats entertain hapless Blue Hens Nov 30
- No. 12 Villanova holds off Bucknell Nov 20
- Villanova and Bucknell clash in Legends Classic Nov 20
- Irvin, No. 24 Michigan rout Bucknell Nov 18
- Bison battle Wolverines in Legends Classic melee Nov 17
- Delaware's Threatt kicked off team Jun 10
- Payne stars as Michigan State dumps Delaware in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Spartans begin tournament against Blue Hens Mar 20