Texas-San Antonio defeats East Central 103-80Nov 19, 2009 - 4:04 AM SAN ANTONIO(AP) -- Devin Gibson scored 24 points and four other Texas-San Antonio players finished in double figures as the Roadrunners beat East Central 103-80 Wednesday night.
Gibson scored 14 of his points in the second half when UTSA (2-0) put up 62, the same amount it scored total in its surprise victory over Iowa in its opener.
In last year's meeting, the Roadrunners posted a school-record 72 first-half points.
Melvin Johnson III finished with 19 points, Terry Fields had 13 and Morris Smith IV and Omar Johnson 11 each for UTSA.
Eric Allen and Denarius Darby both had 17 points and Wes Badley added 16 for the Tigers.
UTSA jumped out to an early 11-3 lead before East Central tied the score at 30-30 with 5:57 remaining in the first half. The Roadrunners then responded with an 11-4 run to end the half and opened the second with a 9-2 burst.
- Oklahoma assistant Steve Henson hired as UTSA head coach Apr 1
- Texas-San Antonio fires basketball coach Brooks Thompson Mar 10
- Elmore scores 23 with 7 treys as Marshall beats UTSA 109-91 Feb 6
- Loyola of Chicago pulls away from UTSA in 76-64 win Nov 14
- UTSA extends Thompson through 2016-17 Jul 26
- Ohio State cruises in NCAA tourney opener Mar 18
- Johnson scores 29, leads UTSA to 1st NCAA tourney win Mar 16
- Texas-San Antonio captures Southland title Mar 12
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi knocks out UTSA 78-66 Mar 10
- Fields's shot in final minute gives UTSA 65-63 win Mar 6
- Johnson's 29 points lead Texas State to 83-76 win Mar 3
- UTSA defeats Lamar 76-74 for 5th win in a row Feb 27