Centenary defeats Texas College 95-76Nov 20, 2009 - 4:58 AM SHREVEPORT, La.(AP) -- Daman Starring scored 27 points and David Perez added 21 in Centenary's 95-76 win over Texas College on Thursday night.
Starring put the Gentlemen (2-1) ahead 20-11 on back-to-back jump shots and two free throws as they won for the fifth-straight time against the Steers (3-2).
Texas College would pull within 29-21 with 5 minutes left in the half, but Centenary went on a 6-0 run, featuring four points by Starring, for a 19-point lead.
Roman Tubner added 18 points, including making 10 of 12 from the free-throw line, and Maxx Nakwaasah added 12 points for the Gentlemen.
Centenary shot 52.9 percent in the first half (18 of 34), and 47.6 percent in the game (30 of 63).
Deandre Martin led Texas College with 15 points and Tre Manning added 13.
The NAIA Steers turned the ball over 12 times on eight steals.
- Baker hits 31 in finale, Southern Utah wins 70-67 Feb 28
- Couisnard, McKinney-Jones lead UMKC to 83-69 win Feb 25
- Ford gives Oral Roberts spark in 76-56 victory Feb 16
- Western Illinois defeats Centenary 64-55 Feb 13
- IUPUI knocks off Centenary 88-77 Feb 11
- Nakwaasah's big day helps Centenary tip IPFW 80-78 Feb 6
- Oakland, Mich., tops Centenary 75-64 behind Nelson Feb 4
- North Dakota State downs Centenary 73-62 Jan 30
- South Dakota State defeats Centenary 81-75 Jan 28
- Oral Roberts rolls past Centenary 87-56 Jan 23
- Centenary routs SW Assemblies of God 108-65 Jan 19
- Young leads IUPUI over Centenary 74-58 Jan 16