CS San Bernadino 70, Pepperdine 72Nov 21, 2009 - 5:29 AM MALIBU, Calif. (AP) -- Keion Bell scored Pepperdine's final 12 points to help the Waves hold off Cal State San Bernardino 72-70 Friday night.
Bell had a game-high 22 points as the Waves (1-2) rallied back from a 12-point second-half deficit against the Division II Coyotes (0-1).
Pepperdine had a 39-37 lead with 17 minutes left in the second half, but recorded only one field goal over the next 9 1/2 minutes as the Coyotes pulled ahead 58-46.
Bell's dunk tied the game at 66 with 2:10 remaining, and his putback with 40 seconds left gave Pepperdine a 70-69 advantage. He then hit two free throws with 19.8 seconds to go.
On the Coyotes' final possession, Aaron Hill made one of two free throws with 12.1 seconds left. San Bernardino got the rebound, but Lawrence Tyson missed a jumper at the buzzer.
Cal State San Bernardino was led by Bryan LeDuc's 17 points.
- NCAA BB
SAN BERNARDINO 70
PEPPERDINE 72 FINAL
Nov 21 12:03 AM
- NCAA BB
SAN BERNARDINO 34
PEPPERDINE 34 HALFTIME
Nov 20 10:48 PM
- Pepperdine extends Wilson Jun 5
- Gonzaga beats Pepperdine to reach WCC final Mar 10
- Bulldogs battle Waves in WCC semifinals Mar 9
- Gonzaga slips past Pepperdine in 2nd half Feb 14
- Waves hope to come crashing down on third-ranked Bulldogs Feb 14
- No. 3 Gonzaga edges Pepperdine Jan 16
- Waves hope to wash away third-ranked Bulldogs Jan 15
- Pangos helps No. 6 Gonzaga pound Pepperdine Feb 8
- Waves hope to crash down on sixth-ranked Zags Feb 7
- Gonzaga rolls past Pepperdine Jan 3
- No. 10 Bulldogs open league play against Waves Jan 3
- Pangos, Sacre lift No. 24 Gonzaga over Pepperdine Feb 5