Long Beach State beats Wisconsin-Green Bay, 81-69Nov 21, 2009 - 9:40 PM GREEN BAY, Wis.(AP) -- Stephan Gilling scored 22 points to lead Long Beach State to an 81-69 victory over Wisconsin-Green Bay on Saturday.
The 49ers (3-1) shot 63 percent from the field in the second half, making 15 of 24 shots, and were at 54 percent for the game. Larry Anderson scored 17 points and Eugene Phelps 15 for Long Beach State. Gilling was 6 of 14 from 3-point range and Anderson 9 of 10 from the free-throw line.
Wisconsin-Green Bay (4-2) had five players in double figures. Randy Berry and Troy Cotton had 16 points each, Cordero Barkley 14, Rahmon Fletcher 11 and Bryquis Perine 10 for the Phoenix, who took 10 more shots than the 49ers but made three fewer and shot just 41 percent. Berry had a game-high 10 rebounds.
- Texas A&M aims for respect in first NCAA tourney since 2011 Mar 17
- Green Bay announcer says game ejection was misunderstanding Mar 9
- Green Bay pulls away from Morehead State in 2nd half, 78-72 Dec 28
- Valpo comes back to beat Green Bay in Horizon final Mar 10
- Crusaders clash with Phoenix for Horizon League crown Mar 10
- Louisville handles Long Beach to get back on track Dec 30
- Cardinals seek redemption in clash with 49ers Dec 30
- No. 17 St. John's routs Long Beach State Dec 23
- 49ers hoping to calm Red Storm Dec 22
- Texas holds off Long Beach State Dec 21
- Long Beach State faces uphill climb in tussle with Texas Dec 20
- San Diego State edges Long Beach State Dec 11