Robert Morris crushes Alcorn State 107-76Nov 22, 2009 - 1:01 AM ALBANY, N.Y.(AP) -- Karon Abraham scored 18 points to lead Robert Morris to a 107-76 win over Alcorn State in the 2K Sports Classic on Saturday.
Abraham shot 4-for-6 from the field, with all of his field goals coming from beyond the 3-point arc. Jimmy Langhurst added 15 points for the Colonials (1-3), while Mezie Nwigwe chipped in with 12.
A 3-pointer by Gary Wallace with 3:30 left in the first half capped a 16-0 run for Robert Morris, giving it a 44-16 lead. The Colonials held a 51-25 lead at halftime.
Robert Morris shot 53 percent from the field (35-for-66), including 57.1 percent from 3-point range (12-for-21).
The Braves (0-5) were led by JaMarkus Holt, who finished with 26 points and eight rebounds. Brandon Rogers added 13 points in the loss.
Alcorn State was outrebounded 38-22 in the contest. The Braves also committed 22 turnovers.
- Toole gets extension at Robert Morris Apr 15
- Duke crushes Robert Morris in NCAA opener Mar 21
- Colonials and Blue Devils mix it up in NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- Taylor leads Texas rout of Alcorn State Nov 17
- No. 6 Tar Heels beat Robert Morris 103-59 Nov 17
- Colonials tangle with sixth-ranked Tar Heels Nov 16
- Braves face tall task in clash with 10th-ranked Longhorns Nov 16
- Mount St. Mary's and Robert Morris meet in NEC title tilt Mar 11