Oakland, Mich., cruises past local rival 97-63Nov 22, 2009 - 1:41 AM ROCHESTER, Mich.(AP) -- Keith Benson scored 21 points and four teammates reached double figures as Oakland, Mich., routed local rival Rochester, Mich., 97-63 on Saturday night.
Larry Wright added 16 points, Will Hudson 15, Drew Maynard 14 and Derick Nelson for the Golden Grizzlies (1-2).
Adrian Schaffer led the Warriors (6-5) with 20 points. Michael Graham added 14 and Marques Ewell 10.
The Grizzlies' biggest lead of the first half came at 38-20 on Wright's two free throws with 5:14 to go. It was 47-35 at intermission.
Rochester trimmed it to 49-41 at 18:54 of the second half on Schaffer's 3-pointer. But Oakland stretched the gap past 20 points when Maynard's layup made it 66-47 with 12:43 left. The lead hit 30 with 3:29 to go when Ilija Milutinovic's dunk made it 91-61.
The Golden Grizzlies have never lost to the Warriors and are 12-0, with 11 victories at home.
- Oakland University agrees to 3-year, $864K deal with Kampe Apr 11
- Oakland U's Kay Felder hires agent, will stay in draft Apr 8
- Oakland's Felder declares for draft, has not hired agent Apr 5
- Oakland beats Robert Morris 92-74 behind Hooper Dec 5
- Wells helps No. 15 Maryland beat Oakland Dec 27
- Terps close out non-conference slate against Grizzlies Dec 27
- No. 3 Arizona routs Oakland Dec 17
- Oakland hits road seeking upset of No. 3 Arizona Dec 16
- Niang guides Iowa State over Oakland Nov 15
- Oakland pays visit to No. 14 Iowa State Nov 14
- Oakland's Bader sets NCAA 3-point mark Feb 2
- Michigan State holds off Oakland Dec 15