Eastern Illinois has no trouble with Eureka 93-64Nov 22, 2009 - 2:50 AM CHARLESTON, Ill.(AP) -- Tyler Laser made 10 of 13 shots, scoring 23 points and leading Eastern Illinois to an easy 93-64 victory over Eureka College on Saturday night.
Jay Smith supported Laser with 16 points. Shaun Pratl and Curry McKinney added 10 apiece for the Panthers (2-1), who shot 58.7 percent. Pratl also pulled down a game-high seven rebounds.
Led by Michael Zasada's 22 points, the Division III Red Devils (1-1) hung close for most of the first half. Eastern Illinois did not take the lead for good until Pratl sank a layup with 3:57 left in the first half for a 34-32 advantage.
The Panthers, who led 45-32 at intermission, stretched the lead to as many as 30 points at 88-58 on Smith's jumper with 2:05 to play.
Eureka shot 10 of 24 from 3-point range but was beaten on the glass by a 37-24 margin.
- Groselle, Creighton down Eastern Illinois Nov 26
- Panthers visit Bluejays in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 25
- Eastern Illinois names Jay Spoonhour head coach Apr 6
- Eastern Illinois not renewing HC Mike Miller's contract Feb 27
- Murray State stays perfect with win over Eastern Illinois Jan 29
- Panthers come to Murray seeking upset of 11th-ranked Racers Jan 28
- Wilson helps Murray State stay unbeaten Dec 30
- Eastern Illinois entertains No. 20 Murray State Dec 30
- Eastern Illinois' Laser denied additional year of eligibility Jul 7
- Easley sparks Murray State past E. Illinois 55-51 Mar 5
- E. Kentucky 61, E. Illinois 68 Mar 2
- Eastern Illinois tops Tennessee State 66-61 Feb 27