Eastern Washington wins 72-68 over Texas-ArlingtonNov 22, 2009 - 3:21 AM ARLINGTON, Texas(AP) -- Jeffrey Forbes 24 points helped lead the Eastern Washington Eagles to a 72-68 victory over the University of Texas-Arlington Mavericks on Saturday night.
Forbes was 10-of-16 from the field and grabbed four rebounds. Alden Gibbs and Mark Dunn each added 11 points in the winning effort for the Eagles (2-2). Gibbs also had a game high three steals.
Marquez Haynes scored 32 points for the Mavericks (1-2). He was 12-for-17 from the field including a 5-for-6 performance from the three-point line. He also committed nine turnovers. LaMarcus Reed added 13 points for the Mavericks.
Eastern Washington recorded 14 assists in the game while the Mavericks were only able to get six.
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- Eastern Washington routs D-III member George Fox 126-64 Nov 15
- Eastern Washington's Harvey turning pro Apr 1
- Georgetown topples Eastern Washington to advance Mar 20
- Hoyas set sights on Eagles in South Regional action Mar 19
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- Unbeaten Huskies rally past Eastern Washington Dec 14
- Huskies seek to ground Eagles Dec 14
- Longhorns fend off Texas-Arlington Dec 3
- Mavericks face tall task in meeting with Longhorns Dec 2
- No. 1 Kentucky routs UT-Arlington 92-44 Nov 26