Missouri State takes 72-55 win over The CitadelNov 22, 2009 - 4:15 AM SPRINGFIELD, Mo.(AP) -- Kyle Weems scored 16 second-half points and finished with 23 to lead Missouri State to a 72-55 win over The Citadel on Saturday in the second round of the Hispanic College Fund Challenge.
Missouri State (3-0) led 26-25 at half and struggled with The Citadel (2-2), who tied the score at 34 with about 15 minutes left.
But the Bears went on a 15-4 run that included seven points by Weems to lead 49-38 with about nine minutes remaining.
The Citadel cut the lead to 49-46, capped by a 3-pointer by Joe Wolfinger. But a 3-pointer by Weems with less than five minutes to go stopped the Citadel, who only scored one field goal in the last 4:32.
Caleb Patterson had 13 points for Missouri State and Nafis Ricks added 10.
Wolfinger finished with 18 and Cameron Wells added 12.
- Citadel hires VMI coach Baucom Mar 30
- Tuttle, UNI cruise past Missouri State Feb 15
- Bears face uphill climb in bout with 13th-ranked Panthers Feb 15
- VanVleet posts triple-double; Shockers slam Bears Feb 7
- Shockers play host to Bears in MVC action Feb 7
- No. 14 Wichita State blows past Missouri State Jan 21
- Bears face uphill climb in clash with Shockers Jan 21
- Northern Iowa downs Missouri State Jan 18
- Panthers and Bears meet MVC melee Jan 18
- Spartans seek redemption in clash with Bulldogs Dec 22
- No. 2 Wichita State rolls into MVC final Mar 8
- Shockers take on Bears in MVC Semifinals Mar 8