Detroit beats Alcorn State 79-59Nov 22, 2009 - 9:53 PM ALBANY, N.Y.(AP) -- Xavier Keeling scored 17 points and Eli Holman notched a double-double, leading Detroit to a 79-59 win over Alcorn State on Sunday.
Holman scored 16 points and grabbed 15 rebounds for the Titans (4-1), who outrebounded the Braves 46-28 to seal the win in the third round of the 2K Sports Classic. Chase Simon added 15 points.
The Titans have won four straight games since dropping the season opener to No. 13 California.
Detroit opened with a 13-2 run and never looked back, taking a 42-25 halftime lead.
The Titans shot 49.2 percent from the field (31-for-63) compared to just a 38.6 percent mark (22-for-57) for the Braves. Detroit outscored Alcorn State in the paint 44-16 and had 25 second-chance points versus only two for the Braves.
Shaunvanta Ingram and Keith Searcy scored 13 points each to pace the Braves (0-6).
- Wichita State rallies past Detroit Dec 13
- Titans seek upset of 11th-ranked Shockers Dec 13
- No. 24 Michigan pulls away to beat Detroit Nov 20
- Intrastate rivals collide, as Titans visit Wolverines Nov 20
- Taylor leads Texas rout of Alcorn State Nov 17
- Braves face tall task in clash with 10th-ranked Longhorns Nov 16
- Calhoun, UConn rout Detroit Nov 14
- Huskies host Titans in 2K Sports Classic Nov 14
- Fair helps No. 9 Syracuse top Alcorn State Dec 29
- Orange battle Braves in Gotham Classic action Dec 29
- Detroit-Temple men's hoops game postponed Dec 27
- Boeheim earns 900th win as Syracuse holds off Detroit Dec 17