Albany holds off Robert Morris 71-66Nov 23, 2009 - 2:08 AM ALBANY, N.Y.(AP) -- Will Harris scored 22 points and Tim Ambrose added 15 points to lead Albany (N.Y.) to a 71-66 victory over Robert Morris in the third round of the 2K Sports Classic on Sunday.
Harris scored 17 of his points in the second half as the Great Danes (3-3) held off a late run.
Velton Jones, who scored 17 points, helped Robert Morris (1-4), the defending Northeast Conference champion, hit consecutive jumpers to cut Albany's lead to 67-63.
Albany's Derrek Tartt hit two free throws with 16.4 seconds left and Harris added two more in the final seconds to seal the victory.
Albany led by 11 points with 4:14 remaining.
The Great Danes, who shot 58.3 percent in the first half, led 35-27 at halftime after Robert Morris shot only 30 percent from the field.
Mezie Nwigwe led Robert Morris with 18 points.
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Toole gets extension at Robert Morris Apr 15
- Thomas leads Oklahoma past Albany Mar 21
- Duke crushes Robert Morris in NCAA opener Mar 21
- Colonials and Blue Devils mix it up in NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Albany challenges Oklahoma in East Regional action Mar 20
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10