Duquesne defeats Binghamton 70-52Nov 24, 2009 - 12:34 AM CULLOWHEE, N.C.(AP) -- Damian Saunders had 24 points and 11 rebounds in Duquesne's 70-52 win over Binghamton on Monday.
The Dukes (3-0) opened to a 14-2 lead on a layup by B.J. Monteiro with 16:31 left in the first half, and built a 41-25 halftime lead.
Duquesne shot 65.4 percent from the field in the fist half (17 of 26), including 53.8 percent from 3-point range (7 of 13) in the period.
The Dukes opened the second half on an 11-4 run, increasing their lead to 52-29 on a Monteiro layup with 13:44 remaining.
Saunders, the back-to-back Atlantic 10 Player of the Week, was 11-for-16 from the field.
Bill Clark, who was 5-for-9 from 3-point range, scored 17 points and Monteiro added 10 for Duquesne, which won for the first time in North Carolina since a 53-33 win over N.C. State on Jan. 14, 1937.
Moussa Camara scored 16 points and Greer Wright added 12 for the Bearcats (1-3).
- Duquesne overcomes poor shooting to beat Robert Morris 72-65 Dec 19
- Ferry gets extension at Duquesne Jun 30
- VCU holds on to down Duquesne Jan 18
- Dukes seek upset of 17th-ranked Rams Jan 17
- Duquesne stuns Saint Louis Feb 28
- Billikens look forward to big night against visiting Dukes Feb 27
- St. Louis sneaks past Duquesne Jan 22
- Dukes seek upset of 19th-ranked Billikens Jan 22
- Fair, Cooney lead No. 4 Syracuse in rout of Binghamton Dec 7
- No. 4 Syracuse hosts Binghamton Dec 7
- Clarke and Butler rout Duquesne Feb 19
- No. 15 Butler takes on Duquesne in A-10 affair Feb 19