Illinois State defeats Illinois-Chicago, 69-65Nov 24, 2009 - 3:59 AM CHICAGO(AP) -- Osiris Eldridge scored 19 points to lead Illinois State to a 69-65 victory over Illinois-Chicago Monday night.
Lloyd Phillips scored 15 points and Dinma Odiakosa added 13 points and eight rebounds for the Redbirds (3-0). The Flames (1-2) also had three scorers in double figures, led by Zavion Neely with 17 points. Jeremy Buttell and Robo Kreps each scored 15 for Illinois-Chicago.
The Redbirds shot 48 percent from the field in the first half to build a 34-28 lead at the break. The Flames led by nine midway through the first half.
Both teams struggled from behind the 3-point line. Illinois State was just 4 of 20 and Illinois-Chicago was 4 of 21.
- NCAA BB
ILLINOIS ST 69
ILLINOIS CHI 65 FINAL
Nov 23 10:12 PM
- NCAA BB
ILLINOIS ST 34
ILLINOIS CHI 28 HALFTIME
Nov 23 8:54 PM
- Illinois State staffers among 7 dead in plane crash Apr 7
- UIC hires McClain as men's basketball coach Mar 23
- Illinois-Chicago fires Moore Mar 10
- Northern Iowa claims Missouri Valley title Mar 8
- Redbirds tangle with Panthers for MVC Tournament title Mar 8
- Good Knight: Illinois St. stuns Wichita in MVC semis Mar 7
- Shockers meet Redbirds in MVC semifinals Mar 7
- No. 15 Wichita State tops Illinois State Feb 14
- Redbirds seek upset of 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 14
- No. 13 UNI overwhelms Illinois State Feb 11
- Northern Iowa survives against Illinois State Jan 25
- Wichita State avoids shocker against Illinois State Jan 4