Wagner 51, N.J. Tech 56Nov 25, 2009 - 3:29 AM NEWARK, N.J. (AP) -- Isaiah Wilkerson scored 17 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to help New Jersey Tech hold off Wagner 56-51 on Tuesday night.
Wilkerson was 4-for-13 from the field and 0-for-4 from 3-point range as neither team shot well.
The Highlanders (2-2) were 18-for-56 from the field (32.1 percent) while the Seahawks (0-3) were 19-for-62 (30.6 percent). Wagner shot 3-for-22 from beyond the arc.
The Seahawks led 20-16 with 3:49 left in the first half, then the Highlanders used an 8-0 run to lead 24-20 at the break.
Wagner regained the lead at 32-31 on Michael Orock's three-point play with 15:27 left. The teams stayed within two points of each other until Wilkerson's dunk with 4:51 left put the Highlanders on top 49-45. New Jersey Tech extended the lead to seven with 1:36 left and Wagner could get no closer than four.
Orock had career highs of 22 points and 14 rebounds.
- NCAA BB
NJIT 56 FINAL
Nov 24 8:55 PM
- NCAA BB
NJIT 24 HALFTIME
Nov 24 7:47 PM
- Brian Kennedy taking over as head basketball coach at NJIT Apr 13
- Top-seeded Wagner tops Robert Morris 59-50 in NEC tourney Mar 2
- Wagner beats Robert Morris 62-54 behind Carey Feb 27
- Wagner edges Robert Morris 72-69 Jan 4
- Lynn's 27 points leads NJIT late surge past USF Nov 16
- Villanova uses second-half charge to down upset-minded NJIT Dec 24
- NJIT faces tall task in clash with No. 7 Villanova Dec 23
- NJIT stuns No. 17 Michigan Dec 6
- NJIT faces uphill climb in clash with No. 17 Michigan Dec 6
- No. 8 Syracuse downs Wagner in home opener Nov 18
- Wagner takes on No. 8 Syracuse Nov 18
- Bashir Mason takes over Wagner hoops Mar 26