Northwestern St. beats Houston Baptist 92-61Nov 25, 2009 - 4:51 AM NATCHITOCHES, La.(AP) -- Devon Baker scored 21 points to lead four Northwestern State players in double figures as the Demons beat Houston Baptist 92-61 on Tuesday night.
Damon Jones and Will Pratt scored 11 points each for the Demons (2-1), who also got 10 points from Dominic Knight.
Baker went 6-for-10 from beyond the arc, and 7-for-12 from the floor.
The Demons shot 46.4 percent from 3-point range (13 of 28) compared to just a 27.3 mark (6 of 22) for Houston Baptist.
Houston Baptist (0-5) led 5-0, but the Demons went on a 16-0 run from that point and never trailed again. Northwestern State outscored Houston Baptist 49-30 in the second half.
Miles Dixon was the lone player in double figures for Houston Baptist, scoring 11 points.
The Demons lead the all-time series, which began in 1967-68, 13-12.
- Houston Baptist tops NCCAA Crowley's Ridge 102-62 Nov 16
- Oklahoma dominates Northwestern State Nov 23
- Sooners return to action, hoping to exercise Demons Nov 23
- Baylor outlasts Northwestern State in OT Dec 19
- No. 12 Baylor battles Northwestern State Dec 18
- Memphis makes short work of Northwestern State Dec 7
- Michigan buries Houston Baptist Dec 7
- Demons seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 7
- Huskies come calling on 22nd-ranked Wolverines Dec 7
- Florida powers past Northwestern State Mar 23
- Gators, Demons square off in South Region's second round Mar 21
- Chicago State victorious in Great West Conference championship Mar 17