Garcia leads Seattle past Presbyterian, 67-63Nov 28, 2009 - 12:57 AM LAS VEGAS(AP) -- Charles Garcia scored a game-high 22 points along with eight rebounds to lead Seattle past Presbyterian 67-63 in the third round of the Las Vegas Invitational on Friday afternoon.
Cervante Burrell added 10 points for the Redhawks (4-2).
Jake Troyli and Chase Holmes scored 18 points apiece for Presbyterian (0-5). Troyli, who had six rebounds, was 7-of-8 from the field. The Blue Hose turned the ball over 23 times to Seattle's eight.
Seattle took the lead for good at 43-41 with 12:49 left in the game. The lead grew to 57-49 before a late Presbyterian run. But Garcia's left side jumper from 16 feet made it 67-63 and sealed the win for the Redhawks, who also upset Utah on Tuesday in Salt Lake City in the second round.
- Murray free throws allow Presbyterian to top Piedmont, 69-65 Dec 19
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- Okafor makes NCAA debut, Duke routs Presbyterian Nov 15
- Blue Devils take on Blue Hose is season debut Nov 14
- McDermott, No. 15 Creighton pummel Presbyterian Nov 18
- Blue Hose face uphill climb in clash with 15h-ranked Bluejays Nov 18
- Scott's 33 helps Virginia escape Seattle with win Dec 22
- No. 24 Cavaliers take on Redhawks in Seattle Dec 21
- Late trey lifts Presbyterian to upset win over No. 20 Cincinnati Nov 19
- Blue Hose face tall task in clash with 20th-ranked Bearcats Nov 19