Pepperdine wins 82-73 over MonmouthNov 29, 2009 - 1:54 AM LARAMIE, Wyo.(AP) -- Keion Bell scored a career high 34 points, with 24 in the second half, as Pepperdine beats Monmouth 82-73 Saturday in the World Vision Basketball Challenge.
Pepperdine (3-3) led 29-27 at halftime, but Bell ignited the Waves early in the second half with 10 points and a 12-point lead with 10 minutes to play. Monmouth got no closer than five.
Bell had a solid game overall, shooting 11 of 16 from the field and 11 of 12 from the free-throw line. He also had nine rebounds and four assists.
Dane Suttle Jr. scored 16 points and Mychel Thompson added 11 for Pepperdine.
Whitney Coleman scored 20 points for Monmouth (2-4), including 16 in the second half.
Justin Sofman, who hit 5 of 13 3-pointers, scored 18 for the Hawks, followed by Travis Taylor with 13 and Ed Waite with 10.
- Monmouth basketball coach King Rice has new 5-year contract Feb 26
- Born with broken ankle, Monmouth guard beating doubters Feb 18
- GIF away, Monmouth! NCAA not stopping bench celebrations Dec 9
- Surprising Monmouth basketball winning and having fun Dec 3
- Pepperdine extends Wilson Jun 5
- Gonzaga beats Pepperdine to reach WCC final Mar 10
- Bulldogs battle Waves in WCC semifinals Mar 9
- Gonzaga slips past Pepperdine in 2nd half Feb 14
- Waves hope to come crashing down on third-ranked Bulldogs Feb 14
- No. 3 Gonzaga edges Pepperdine Jan 16
- Waves hope to wash away third-ranked Bulldogs Jan 15
- Pangos helps No. 6 Gonzaga pound Pepperdine Feb 8