Austin Peay routs Freed-Hardeman 99-61Dec 1, 2009 - 4:40 AM CLARKSVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Wes Channels scored 21 points as Austin Peay defeated Freed-Hardeman 99-61 on Monday night.
Anthony Campbell added 18 points for the Governors (3-4). Marcel Williams and Justin Blake chipped in with 12 points apiece.
Austin Peay opened the game with an early 18-6 lead after Channels nailed a 3-pointer with 14:23 left in the first half.
An 18-5 run later in the half boosted the Governor's lead to 42-19 with 5:49 left, and they would go on to lead 53-29 at halftime.
The Lions were led by Zack Frey, who scored 17 points on 6 of 12 shooting. Kyle Teichmann chipped in with 11 points.
Austin Peay shot 64.2 percent from the field (34-for-53), including 55.6 percent from 3-point range (10-for-18).
The Lions were outrebounded 42-20 in the contest.
- Coach Dave Loos returning as Austin Peay coach Apr 5
- Top-seeded Kansas opens tournament play vs. Austin Peay Mar 16
- Memphis cruises past Austin Peay Nov 14
- Tigers finally get underway against Governors Nov 14
- Murray State routs Austin Peay Feb 11
- Racers seek turnaround against Governors Feb 11
- Canaan goes for 35 as Murray State tops Austin Peay Jan 8
- Racers continue dream season in OVC clash with Governors Jan 7
- No. 22 Memphis routs Austin Peay Dec 4
- Winless Govs head to Memphis to challenge 22nd-ranked Tigers Dec 3
- California routs Austin Peay Nov 16
- Govs and Bears duke it out in Berkeley Nov 15