Texas-Arlington edges Houston Baptist 80-75Dec 1, 2009 - 4:02 AM HOUSTON(AP) -- Brandon Long scored 27 points and Texas-Arlington used a 22-3 run midway through the second half to beat Houston Baptist 80-75 Monday night.
Long scored 19 in the second half for the Mavericks (3-2), who were severely tested in their first road game of the season. Marquez Haynes added 18 points and LaMarcus Reed 10.
The Huskies (0-6) expanded a 43-42 halftime lead to 58-48 on Miles Dixon's jump shot with 14:14 left. But then Texas-Arlington went on its run to go ahead 70-61 with 7:42 left.
Houston Baptist, playing its first home game, trimmed the deficit to 72-69 on Mario Flaherty's free throw with 2:40 to go. But that was as close as the Huskies got.
Wendell Preadom led Houston Baptist with 19 points and a game-high seven rebounds. Michael Ross had 12 points and nine assists, Andrew Gonzalez scored 13 and Flaherty had 10.
- NCAA BB
TEXAS ARLINGTON 80
HOUSTON BAPTIST 75 FINAL
Nov 30 10:26 PM
- NCAA BB
TEXAS ARLINGTON 42
HOUSTON BAPTIST 43 HALFTIME
Nov 30 9:19 PM
- Houston Baptist tops NCCAA Crowley's Ridge 102-62 Nov 16
- Longhorns fend off Texas-Arlington Dec 3
- Mavericks face tall task in meeting with Longhorns Dec 2
- No. 1 Kentucky routs UT-Arlington 92-44 Nov 26
- Mavericks face uphill climb in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 25
- Michigan buries Houston Baptist Dec 7
- Huskies come calling on 22nd-ranked Wolverines Dec 7
- Young, Kentucky top UTA Nov 19
- Mavericks face uphill climb in clash with fourth-ranked Wildcats Nov 19
- New Mexico State wins WAC Mar 17
- Chicago State victorious in Great West Conference championship Mar 17
- Mavericks square off with Aggies in WAC championship game Mar 16