Cameron 42, Texas-San Antonio 73Dec 2, 2009 - 4:02 AM SAN ANTONIO, Texas (AP) -- Demarco Stepter came off the bench to score 14 points and lead UTSA past Cameron 73-42 Tuesday night.
Terry Fields and Omar Johnson added 11 points each for the Roadrunners (6-1). Johnson also had five assists, and Devin Gibson added seven points, nine rebounds and eight assists.
Nathan Murray came off the bench to lead the Aggies with a game-high 18 points and six rebounds, shooting 6 of 8 from the field and sinking all six of his free-throw shots.
Cameron committed 17 turnovers while forcing just eight. UTSA converted the miscues for 22 points, while Cameron scored seven points off turnovers.
UTSA hasn't started a season at 6-1 since 1988. The Roadrunners outrebounded Cameron 37-27.
- Oklahoma assistant Steve Henson hired as UTSA head coach Apr 1
- Texas-San Antonio fires basketball coach Brooks Thompson Mar 10
- Elmore scores 23 with 7 treys as Marshall beats UTSA 109-91 Feb 6
- Loyola of Chicago pulls away from UTSA in 76-64 win Nov 14
- UTSA extends Thompson through 2016-17 Jul 26
- Ohio State cruises in NCAA tourney opener Mar 18
- Johnson scores 29, leads UTSA to 1st NCAA tourney win Mar 16
- Texas-San Antonio captures Southland title Mar 12
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi knocks out UTSA 78-66 Mar 10
- Fields's shot in final minute gives UTSA 65-63 win Mar 6
- Johnson's 29 points lead Texas State to 83-76 win Mar 3
- UTSA defeats Lamar 76-74 for 5th win in a row Feb 27