Cavataio sparks Holy Cross over Brown 85-79 in OTDec 3, 2009 - 4:14 AM PROVIDENCE, R.I.(AP) -- Mike Cavataio scored six of his team-high 21 points in overtime to pace Holy Cross over Brown 85-79 on Wednesday night.
The Crusaders (2-6), who won their second straight, scored the final eight points in regulation after trailing 67-59 with 3:02 left. Devin Brown's driving layup tied it with 31 seconds to play and Cavataio had five points during the spurt.
Peter Sullivan led all scorers with a career-high 28 points for the Bears (4-5), including a four-point play with 4 seconds left in the first half for a 37-37 tie. Sullivan hit a 3-pointer from the corner, drew a foul and converted the free throw.
Brown led 59-49 with 7:29 left in the second half before Holy Cross' closing run. Matt Mullery added 21 points for the Bears.
R.J. Evans contributed 17 points and 10 rebounds for the Crusaders, Andrew Beinert scored 15 and Andrew Keister had 10 points and 11 rebounds.
- NCAA BB
HOLY CROSS 85
BROWN 79 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Dec 2 9:44 PM
- NCAA BB
HOLY CROSS 37
BROWN 37 HALFTIME
Dec 2 8:21 PM
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Unlikely qualifier Holy Cross plays Southern in First Four Mar 15
- Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown back for No. 10 SMU Jan 11
- Larry Brown not on No. 15 SMU bench after halftime Jan 10
- SMU's Brown set for return after 9-game NCAA suspension Dec 21
- SMU opener marks start of Larry Brown's NCAA suspension Nov 12
- Auburn freshman guard Bryce Brown suspended for opener Nov 12
- Cal freshmen stars Brown, Rabb focused on school first Oct 29
- Top recruit Jaylen Brown picks Cal May 1
- Holy Carmody! Crusaders name their coach Mar 19
- Holy Cross fires Brown after 5 seasons Mar 6