New Orleans edges Tulane 51-50 on Hart's layupDec 3, 2009 - 4:46 AM NEW ORLEANS(AP) -- Ejike Hart's layup with 9.2 seconds left capped a dramatic second-half rally as New Orleans defeated Tulane 51-50 on Wednesday night after trailing nearly the entire game.
The Privateers (4-2), who fell behind 15-2 less than 6 minutes into the game, pulled into a 48-48 tie with 1:41 left on a 3-pointer by Devin McDonald, who scored 17 points off the bench.
A free throw by Charles Carmouche gave New Orleans its first lead, 49-48, at the 1:12 mark. David Booker's two free throws at 0:52 put the Green Wave (3-4) ahead 50-49, but Aaron Holmes missed a pair with 24 seconds left for Tulane before Hart's only points.
Tulane shot 17.2 percent from the field (5-for-29) in the second half.
Kevin Sims, who scored 17 points to lead Tulane, had 13 of them in the first half, which ended with the Green Wave leading 30-23. Sims made his first five shots but missed his next 13.
- NCAA BB
NEW ORLEANS 51
TULANE 50 FINAL
Dec 2 9:58 PM
- NCAA BB
NEW ORLEANS 23
TULANE 30 HALFTIME
Dec 2 8:45 PM
- Tulane's Dunleavy explains decision to try college now Mar 29
- Ex-NBA coach Dunleavy Sr. takes first college job at Tulane Mar 28
- Tulane AD: Ed Conroy out as Tulane men's basketball coach Mar 14
- St. John's buries Tulane to continue roll Dec 28
- Tulane challenges No. 17 St. John's Dec 28
- No. 13 UW pulls away from Tulane Dec 23
- Green Wave hoping to hand Huskies first loss of season Dec 22
- Appling leads Spartans to rout of New Orleans Dec 28
- New Orleans hits road to challenge No. 5 Michigan State Dec 28
- Six players to leave Tulane Apr 5
- Memphis handles Tulane in C-USA quarters Mar 14
- Memphis tips off final C-USA run against Tulane Mar 14