Denver rallies past Lamar for 62-55 victoryDec 3, 2009 - 5:10 AM DENVER(AP) -- Denver got 20 points from Nate Rohnert and overcame an eight-point, second-half deficit Wednesday to defeat Lamar 62-55.
Rohnert also had five rebounds, five assists and four steals for the Pioneers (5-1).
Denver trailed 38-30 with 12:30 remaining in the game before going on a 16-7 run to take a 46-45 lead on a layup by Rohnert at the 7:11 mark. The Pioneers still led 56-52 with 1:18 left, then hit 6 of 8 free throws down the stretch to seal it.
Lamar (3-5) got 41 of its 55 points from three players: Anthony Miles had 20 points, Reggie Mathis 11 and Lawrence Nwevo 10.
Denver shot 50 percent from the field (21 for 42) despite making only 1 of 11 3-point attempts. The Pioneers also had 10 steals and forced 17 turnovers by the Cardinals.
- NCAA BB
DENVER 62 FINAL
Dec 2 11:06 PM
- NCAA BB
DENVER 26 HALFTIME
Dec 2 9:49 PM
- University of Denver hires Rodney Billups as coach Mar 14
- Denver fires coach Joe Scott after 9 seasons Mar 11
- South Dakota State edges Denver in Summit tourney 54-53 Mar 8
- Rosga, Denver beat Omaha, advance to Summit League semis Mar 7
- Northern Iowa tops Denver on 30 shots Dec 10
- Panthers hit road to take on Pioneers Dec 10
- No. 20 Iowa State pulls away to rout Lamar Dec 2
- Cyclones seek redemption in clash with Cardinals Dec 2
- No. 22 SMU routs Lamar in opener Nov 15
- 22nd-ranked Mustangs begin season against Cardinals Nov 14
- Lamar axes Pat Knight Feb 16
- Vermont downs Lamar, joins field of 64 Mar 14