Wisconsin-Milwaukee beats Illinois-Chicago 57-52Dec 4, 2009 - 3:31 AM MILWAUKEE(AP) -- Tony Meier and Ricky Franklin scored 14 points each to lead Wisconsin-Milwaukee past Illinois-Chicago 57-52 Thursday night in the Horizon League opener for both schools.
Wisconsin-Milwaukee trailed early in the second half before going on a 10-0 run to take the lead for good. Illinois-Chicago got as close as 46-44 with 5:27 to play but the Panthers scored the next seven points and weren't threatened after that.
The Panthers (6-2) won despite a poor shooting night that saw them make just 29 percent of their shots, and 15 percent (4 of 26) from 3-point range.
Kris Harris led all players with 15 points for the Flames (1-4). Brad Birton scored 10 and Jeremy Buttell grabbed 13 rebounds for Illinois-Chicago, which shot 35 percent.
- Milwaukee hires Michigan assistant LaVall Jordan as coach Apr 7
- Fired Milwaukee coach Rob Jeter: It's been a difficult day Mar 17
- UIC hires McClain as men's basketball coach Mar 23
- Illinois-Chicago fires Moore Mar 10
- Wisconsin rolls over Milwaukee Dec 10
- Panthers seek upset of fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 10
- Wisconsin-Milwaukee banned from postseason Apr 9
- Strong second half sends Villanova past Milwaukee Mar 21
- East Regional action sets Wildcats against Panthers Mar 20
- Milwaukee earns NCAA berth with Horizon League title Mar 11
- Panthers and Raiders duke it out for Horizon crown Mar 11
- Brust, Badgers take down Milwaukee Dec 11