Brown leads Bowling Green over Fordham 67-46Dec 6, 2009 - 3:03 AM NEW YORK(AP) -- Dee Brown scored 14 points to help Bowling Green defeat Fordham 67-46 on Saturday night in the Rams' first game under interim coach Jared Grasso.
Fordham (1-5) fired seventh-year coach Dereck Whittenburg on Thursday, making Grasso the youngest head coach in NCAA Division I this year at age 29. Dana Fife at IUPU-Fort Wayne was the youngest at age 30.
Tied at 12 with 8:37 left in the first half, the Falcons (4-3) then outscored the Rams 22-6, holding Fordham scoreless for the final 5:32 of the half to lead 34-18 at the break.
Bowling Green, which won its third straight game, led by as many as 26 in the second half.
The Falcons shot 51 percent from the field for the game (26-for-51) while Fordham shot a season-low 23.8 percent (15-for-63).
Chris Gaston recorded his fourth straight double-double for the Rams with 21 points and 13 rebounds. He also had five blocks.
- NCAA BB
BOWLING GREEN 67
FORDHAM 46 FINAL
Dec 5 9:14 PM
- NCAA BB
BOWLING GREEN 34
FORDHAM 18 HALFTIME
Dec 5 7:50 PM
- Balanced Fordham defeats Fairleigh Dickinson 85-62 Nov 21
- Bowling Green fires men's hoops coach for conduct breach Apr 2
- Fordham hires EKU's Neubauer as coach Mar 30
- Pecora fired at Fordham Mar 18
- Jordan, Harrison lead St. John's past Fordham Dec 14
- Red Storm and Rams meet in MSG Holiday Festival Dec 14
- Jans named head coach at Bowling Green Mar 24
- Reports: Bowling Green to hire Wichita State's Jans Mar 23
- Bowling Green fires Orr Mar 11
- Williams helps UMass thump Fordham Jan 26
- Rams come calling on 13th-ranked Minutemen Jan 26
- Billikens dominate Rams Jan 18