Robert Morris beats Wagner 73-70Dec 6, 2009 - 2:41 AM MOON TOWNSHIP, Pa.(AP) -- Gary Wallace scored 12 points, including two free throws with 12 seconds remaining, and Robert Morris beat Wagner 73-70 on Saturday night.
With the game tied 70-70, Velton Jones hit a free throw with 1:42 to go to give the Colonials (3-5, 2-0 Northeast Conference) a one-point lead. Dallas Green and Mezie Nwigwe each scored 12 points to help the Colonials win for the third time in the past four games.
Robert Morris forced 22 turnovers and had 11 steals, including four each by Jones and Russell Johnson. Rob Robinson helped the Colonials' defensive effort with three blocks.
The Seahawks (0-6, 0-2) led by 10 points in the first half but were held without a field goal in the final 2:33 of the game. The Seahawks committed three turnovers in that span.
Chris Martin had a game-high 16 points for Wagner. Tyler Murray added 14 points and Michael Orock had 11.
- NCAA BB
ROBERT MORRIS 73 FINAL
Dec 5 9:03 PM
- Top-seeded Wagner tops Robert Morris 59-50 in NEC tourney Mar 2
- Wagner beats Robert Morris 62-54 behind Carey Feb 27
- Wagner edges Robert Morris 72-69 Jan 4
- Toole gets extension at Robert Morris Apr 15
- Duke crushes Robert Morris in NCAA opener Mar 21
- Colonials and Blue Devils mix it up in NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- No. 6 Tar Heels beat Robert Morris 103-59 Nov 17
- Colonials tangle with sixth-ranked Tar Heels Nov 16