Southeastern Louisiana beats Jackson State 77-55Dec 6, 2009 - 1:00 AM JACKSON, Miss.(AP) -- Trent Hutchin scored 20 points and Southeastern Louisiana defeated Jackson State 77-55 on Saturday.
Hutchin, who was 7 of 14 from the field and 6 of 11 from 3-point range, led three Lions in double figures.
Brandon Fortenberry added 11 points and seven assists, and Patrick Sullivan chipped in 10 points and nine rebounds for Southeastern Louisiana (6-1).
The Lions trailed 7-4 early in the first half before going on a 19-4 run en route to their fourth straight win. Hutchin capped the run on a 3-pointer with 9:18 left in the first half for a 23-11 lead.
The Lions led by as many as 27 points, 75-48, on two free throws by David Ndoumba with 2 minutes to play.
The Lions outrebounded Jackson State (0-6), which lost their sixth straight, 41-24.
Garrison Johnson scored 14 points for the Tigers.
- No. 9 Gonzaga takes down SELA Dec 3
- Lions hope to take down ninth-ranked Bulldogs Dec 2
- No. 19 Sooners rip through SE Louisiana Nov 16
- Sooners open season against visiting Lions Nov 16
- Memphis outlasts Jackson State Dec 28
- Jackson State seeks upset of No. 17 Memphis Dec 28
- Brent takes over as new Jackson State coach Mar 25
- No. 8 Florida cruises past Southeastern Louisiana Dec 19
- Gators seek redemption in clash with visiting Lions Dec 19
- Baylor eases past Jackson State Nov 11
- Berggren, Wisconsin down Southeastern Louisiana Nov 11
- Jackson State battles No. 19 Baylor Nov 11