Coastal Carolina knocks off Liberty 73-58Dec 6, 2009 - 3:20 AM LYNCHBURG, Va.(AP) -- Joseph Harris and Mario Edwards each had double-doubles to lead Coastal Carolina to a 73-58 victory over Liberty on Saturday night.
Harris had 16 points and 12 rebounds for his seventh double-double in nine games and Edwards scored 16 points with 10 rebounds as the Chanticleers (7-2, 2-0 Big South Conference) extended their winning streak to three games. Coastal Carolina, which is 2-0 in the Big South for the first time since 2006-07, is off to its best start since 1981-82.
Coastal Carolina led by as many as 14 points in the first half and increased its advantage to 41-25 on Edwards' layup with 19:12 left in the game. Harris hit a jumper 29 seconds later for a 43-25 lead.
Chad Gray, who finished with 16 points, scored six straight points to give Liberty a 54-30 lead with 13:21 left.
Kyle Ohman led Liberty (4-5, 1-1) with 17 points and Jesse Sanders added 12 points.
- Kemrite's 3-pointers help Liberty top Summit 90-49 Nov 14
- Wisconsin eases past Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Chanticleers face tall task in second-round clash with Badgers Mar 20
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South title Mar 8
- Winthrop meets Coastal Carolina for Big South crown Mar 8
- Virginia survives scare from Coastal Carolina Mar 22
- Virginia begins tournament run against Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South crown Mar 9
- Winthrop challenges Chanticleers for Big South title Mar 9
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10