Radford beats Presbyterian 61-57Dec 6, 2009 - 3:26 AM CLINTON, S.C.(AP) -- Art Parakhouski and Lazar Trifunovic scored 13 points apiece, leading Radford to a 61-57 win over Presbyterian on Saturday night.
Joey Lynch-Flohr and Phillip Martin added 10 points apiece for the Highlanders (4-2, 2-0 Big South Conference).
Parakhouski also grabbed 11 rebounds and blocked two shots. Martin was 2-for-4 from beyond the arc and tallied three steals.
Trailing 41-30 at the 18:05 mark of the second half, Radford outscored the Blue Hose 26-8 over the next 13:30 to grab a 56-49 advantage on a Parakhouski layup.
Trifunovic's jumper from the right wing with 8:12 left gave the Highlanders their first lead, 49-47. After Jake Troyli evened the score at 49-49 for Presbyterian, Evan Faulkner's second 3-pointer put Radford up for good.
Chase Holmes led the Blue Hose (2-7, 0-2) with 18 points.
- Murray free throws allow Presbyterian to top Piedmont, 69-65 Dec 19
- Okafor makes NCAA debut, Duke routs Presbyterian Nov 15
- Blue Devils take on Blue Hose is season debut Nov 14
- McDermott, No. 15 Creighton pummel Presbyterian Nov 18
- Blue Hose face uphill climb in clash with 15h-ranked Bluejays Nov 18
- NCAA punishes Radford for violations Feb 24
- Kentucky rolls over Radford Nov 23
- Radford faces tall task in clash with No. 2 Kentucky Nov 23
- Late trey lifts Presbyterian to upset win over No. 20 Cincinnati Nov 19
- Blue Hose face tall task in clash with 20th-ranked Bearcats Nov 19
- Coach K ties Knight as Duke rolls Nov 12
- Blue Hose battle Blue Devils, as Coack K eyes milestone Nov 12