Texas State beats Texas-Pan American 80-70Dec 6, 2009 - 1:52 AM SAN MARCOS, Texas(AP) -- Cameron Johnson had 24 points and 10 rebounds for a double-double as Texas State beat Texas Pan-American 80-70 Saturday.
Johnson hit 11 of 14 from the field. J.B. Conley came off the bench to add 11 points for Texas State (3-5). John Bowman and Uriel Segura added 10 points each, and Bowman hit 2 of 3 from 3-point range.
Jared Maree had 20 points to lead Texas-Pan American (1-8). ChaRunn Jones and Ben Smith came off the bench to contribute 12 points each, including 4 of 6 3-pointers by Jones.
The Bobcats committed 30 turnovers while forcing 17, and UTPA converted the Texas State miscues for 29 points.
Texas State scored 13 points off of turnovers but outrebounded the Broncs 40-25.
The Bobcats shot 57 percent while holding UTPA to 39 percent.
- NCAA BB
TX PAN AMERICAN 70
TEXAS STATE 80 FINAL
Dec 5 7:17 PM
- NCAA BB
TX PAN AMERICAN 23
TEXAS STATE 42 HALFTIME
Dec 5 5:54 PM
- Longhorns rout Texas State Dec 13
- Lone Star State showdown pits Longhorns against Bobcats Dec 13
- Texas State tabs Kaspar as men's hoops coach Apr 5
- Hipsher to take over at UT-Pan American Apr 4
- Texas-Pan American suspends five players Jan 21
- Ohio State dominates Texas-Pan American Dec 3
- Broncs face tall task in bout with Buckeyes Dec 3
- Texas surges past Texas State Dec 11
- South Dakota rallies past Texas-Pan American 76-71 Mar 12
- Southeastern Louisiana tips Texas St. 79-78 in OT Mar 11
- Texas-Pan American 56, Utah Valley St. 53 Mar 10
- Texas-Pan American tops Utah Valley 56-53 Mar 10