Portland State tops Eastern Washington 98-75Dec 6, 2009 - 5:15 AM PORTLAND, Ore.(AP) -- Dominic Waters had 23 points and eight assists Saturday night to lead Portland State to a 98-75 win over Eastern Washington in the Big Sky Conference opener for both teams.
Melvin Jones added 19 points for the Vikings (3-4, 1-0 Big Sky), Jamie Jones had 17 and Julius Thomas contributed 16 off the bench.
Glen Dean and Jeffrey Forbes led Eastern Washington (3-5, 0-1 Big Sky) with 17 points each.
Portland State trailed only once all night and shot 76 percent in the first half. Waters scored seven points during a 10-0 run midway through the first half that gave Portland State a 20-10 lead.
Melvin Jones capped another 10-0 run in the second half with back-to-back 3-pointers that put the game away for the Vikings.
Portland State set a school record with 68.8 percent shooting from the floor on the night.
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- Eastern Washington routs D-III member George Fox 126-64 Nov 15
- Eastern Washington's Harvey turning pro Apr 1
- Georgetown topples Eastern Washington to advance Mar 20
- Hoyas set sights on Eagles in South Regional action Mar 19
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- Unbeaten Huskies rally past Eastern Washington Dec 14
- Huskies seek to ground Eagles Dec 14
- SMU tops Eastern Washington to end skid Nov 23
- Mustangs hope to end slide against undefeated Eagles Nov 22
- Eastern Washington's Hayford gets new five-year deal Jun 13