Marshall defeats Binghamton 69-55Dec 8, 2009 - 3:02 AM VESTAL, N.Y.(AP) -- Tyler Wilkerson scored 19 points to lead Marshall to a 69-55 victory over Binghamton on Monday night.
Wilkerson shot 8-for-12 for the Thundering Herd (6-1), who have now won four games in a row. Hassan Whiteside added 12 points for Marshall, while Chris Lutz and Dago Pena scored 11 each.
Marshall used an 11-0 run early in the first half to take a 16-5 lead, and a 7-0 lead later in the period catapulted their lead to 33-12 with 4:55 remaining in the half. The Thundering Herd led 37-20 at halftime.
The Bearcats (3-6) would cut the lead to four in the second half, as a dunk from Kyrie Sutton made the score 48-44 with 8:57 remaining. But Binghamton would get no closer, as Marshall ended the game with a 6-0 run.
Dylan Talley and Chretien Lukusa led Binghamton with 12 points apiece.
- Former UConn star Marshall to coach Central Connecticut Apr 6
- Marshall assistant coach Chris Duhon suspended after arrest Nov 30
- Marshall staying at Wichita State with new deal Apr 2
- Report: Marshall staying at Wichita State with new deal Apr 2
- Newly ranked ODU rolls past Marshall Jan 8
- No. 25 Old Dominion takes aim at Marshall Jan 8
- No. 22 WVU rallies to top Marshall Dec 14
- Marshall challenges No. 22 West Virginia Dec 14
- Louisville pulls away to down Marshall Nov 22
- Marshall comes calling on No. 7 Louisville Nov 21
- Wichita State's Marshall named USBWA Coach of the Year Mar 24
- Herrion resigns as Marshall hoops coach Mar 14