North Dakota State tops Dickinson State 90-83Dec 10, 2009 - 3:43 AM FARGO, N.D.(AP) -- Michael Tveidt had 21 points and Josh Vaughan added 20 as North Dakota defeated Dickinson State 90-83 Wednesday night.
Eric Carlson added 19 points and eight rebounds for the Bison (4-4)
Joshua Henry and Nathan Lebsock had 21 points each to lead Dickinson State, an NAIA team. Brian Lebsock had 15 points and Nate Williams added 12 for the Blue Hawks.
Both teams shot above 50 percent, but NDSU outrebounded Dickinson State 37-27.
The Bison led by as much as 11 with 6:37 to play in the first half before Dickinson State clawed back to tie it at 37 with 22 seconds left in the half. A jumper by Vaughan with three seconds to go gave NDSU a 39-37 halftime lead.
Dickinson State held it close in the second half and led 52-48 with 14:30 left, but NDSU went on a 7-0 run and the Blue Hawks never led again.
- South Dakota State men win Summit championship, 67-59 Mar 9
- North Dakota State edges IPFW in Summit tourney, 69-68 Mar 7
- Werner, N. Dakota St. beat IUPUI in Summit tourney quarters Mar 6
- Dupree returns to North Dakota St 2 weeks after leaving Jan 25
- North Dakota State guard leaves team in dispute over role Jan 12
- North Dakota State beats NAIA Valley City State 69-49 Nov 18
- Gonzaga holds off North Dakota State Mar 21
- Bison and Bulldogs get together in South Regional fracas Mar 20
- Bison edge Jackrabbits in Summit final thriller Mar 10
- Bison battle Jackrabbits in Summit League finale Mar 10
- No. 10 Texas crushes North Dakota State Nov 15
- Longhorns kick off season of hope against visiting Bison Nov 14