Nabors helps Lamar beat Louisiana College 79-64Dec 10, 2009 - 3:50 AM BEAUMONT, Texas(AP) -- Justin Nabors had 16 points and 24 rebounds to lead Lamar to a 79-64 victory against Louisiana College on Wednesday night.
Nabors' rebound total is the fourth-highest in school history. Kendrick Harris led the Cardinals (4-6) with 18 points, and Anthony Miles added 13.
Korey Salmon had 17 points for Division III Louisiana College, which led with just under nine minutes remaining. But after a layup by Chukwuma Ekeh tied the score at 62-62 with 7:23 to play, the Wildcats (4-3) went scoreless until 2:06 remained. During that stretch, a layup and two free throws by Miles helped Lamar build a nine-point cushion.
Jarrod Jackson had 15 points for Louisiana College, and Ekeh added 12.
- NCAA BB
LOUISIANA COLL 64
LAMAR 79 FINAL
Dec 9 10:00 PM
- NCAA BB
LOUISIANA COLL 35
LAMAR 39 HALFTIME
Dec 9 8:49 PM
- No. 20 Iowa State pulls away to rout Lamar Dec 2
- Cyclones seek redemption in clash with Cardinals Dec 2
- No. 22 SMU routs Lamar in opener Nov 15
- 22nd-ranked Mustangs begin season against Cardinals Nov 14
- Lamar axes Pat Knight Feb 16
- Vermont downs Lamar, joins field of 64 Mar 14
- Vermont battles Lamar in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 14
- Lamar downs McNeese State in Southland final Mar 11
- Cardinals and Cowboys clash for Southland crown Mar 10
- Kentucky cruises past Lamar in primer for battle with Louisville Dec 29
- Lamar faces uphill climb in clash with No. 3 Kentucky Dec 28
- Sullinger leads No. 2 OSU over Lamar Dec 21