Balanced Missouri St. rips Tennessee-Martin 79-51Dec 10, 2009 - 3:24 AM SPRINGFIELD, Mo.(AP) -- Three Missouri State players finished with 13 points in a 79-51 rout of Tennessee-Martin on Wednesday night.
Missouri State (8-0) shot 80 percent in the first 6:31 to pull away from the Skyhawks (1-6), who never led.
The Bears shot 54.1 percent in the first half and led 50-27 at halftime.
A 3-pointer by Reuben Clayton with 16:46 left got Tennessee-Martin within 53-36, the closest it got the rest of the way.
Jermaine Mallett, Kyle Weems and Adam Leonard all had 13 for Missouri State. Leonard was 5-for-5 from the field in the first half, including 3-for-3 from beyond the 3-point line. Nafis Ricks added 11 for Missouri State.
Delrico Lane and Clayton each had 15 for Tennessee-Martin.
- Tuttle, UNI cruise past Missouri State Feb 15
- Bears face uphill climb in bout with 13th-ranked Panthers Feb 15
- VanVleet posts triple-double; Shockers slam Bears Feb 7
- Shockers play host to Bears in MVC action Feb 7
- No. 14 Wichita State blows past Missouri State Jan 21
- Bears face uphill climb in clash with Shockers Jan 21
- Northern Iowa downs Missouri State Jan 18
- Panthers and Bears meet MVC melee Jan 18
- Bulldogs seek to ground Skyhawks Dec 22
- Tennesse-Martin tabs Schroyer as new hoops coach Mar 21
- No. 2 Wichita State rolls into MVC final Mar 8
- Shockers take on Bears in MVC Semifinals Mar 8