Johnson, Montana defeat Loyola Marymount 82-73Dec 11, 2009 - 5:40 AM LOS ANGELES(AP) -- Anthony Johnson scored 22 points and Derek Selvig had a double-double to lead Montana to an 82-73 victory over Loyola Marymount on Thursday night.
Johnson made only four baskets but sank all 14 free throws, including six over the final 25 seconds to ice the game. He also had five assists and five rebounds.
Selvig had 18 points and 10 rebounds, scoring 15 in the first half.
Ryan Staudacher scored 18 points and Will Cherry 10 for the Grizzlies (6-3).
Drew Viney led Marymount (3-7) with his first double-double, getting 22 points and 10 rebounds. Kevin Young added 18 points.
The victory was the Grizzlies' second over the Lions in less than a month. Montana pulled out a 64-63 thriller at home Nov. 15.
Trailing 42-38 at halftime, Montana used a 13-0 run to take charge. The Lions never led after that.
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- No. 3 Gonzaga blows past Loyola Marymount Feb 13
- Lions face tall task in clash with third-ranked Bulldogs Feb 12
- Balanced Zags beat LMU Jan 18
- First vs. worst in the WCC, as Zags visit Lions Jan 17
- Wichita State has no problem with Loyola Marymount Dec 23
- Lions and Shockers meet in Diamond Head Classic Dec 22
- Montana tabs DeCuire to replace Tinkle May 31
- Dunlap returns to Loyola Marymount Mar 13
- Loyola Marymount, Good part ways Mar 12
- Two LMU players out indefinitely following car crash Oct 25