Chattanooga beats Mississippi Valley State 82-60Dec 12, 2009 - 9:19 PM CHATTANOOGA, Tenn.(AP) -- Ricky Taylor scored 22 points and Chattanooga defeated Mississippi Valley State 82-60 on Saturday.
The Mocs (5-5) took a 14-2 advantage on Josh Odem's 3-pointer with 12:11 left in the first half, and weren't threatened the rest of the way.
Chattanooga led by as many as 26, 59-33, on Ty Patterson's 3-pointer with 16:10 remaining.
The Mocs shot 41.2 percent from 3-point range (14 of 34) in their sixth straight non-conference win at home.
Patterson scored 16 points and Odem finished with 12 for the Mocs. Keegan Bell had 10 assists, and Chattanooga outrebounded the Delta Devils 34-26.
Mississippi Valley State (1-8) was led by Shannon Behling with 20 points on 7-for-15 shooting. Ricky Lamb added 15 points and D'Angelo Jackson scored 10 for the Delta Devils.
- Robert Morris hangs on for 67-64 win over MVSU Nov 28
- Chattanooga selects McCall as new men's hoops coach Apr 12
- Wade leaves Chattanooga to return to VCU Apr 7
- No. 9 Iowa State crushes Mississippi Valley Dec 31
- Cyclones go in search of two milestone wins Dec 31
- No. 3 Wisconsin trounces Chattanooga Nov 16
- No. 3 Wisconsin entertains Chattanooga Nov 16
- Payne named Mississippi Valley men's basketball coach Jul 11
- Chattanooga extends Foster through 2018-19 Jun 5
- Adams leads UCLA past Chattanooga Nov 25
- Mocs seek upset of 22nd-ranked Bruins Nov 24
- Oklahoma State routs MVSU Nov 9