Idaho slips past Eastern Oregon 82-77Dec 13, 2009 - 4:25 AM MOSCOW, Idaho(AP) -- Mac Hopson scored 16 points, including going 12-for-12 from the line, as Idaho fought off Eastern Oregon 82-77 on Saturday night.
The Vandals (6-3) led by as many as 19 points early in the second half and held on with the help of Hopson and Marvin Jefferson, who each scored 10 points in the half.
Jefferson finished with a double-double, scoring 14 points and grabbing 11 rebounds. The Vandals shot 55 percent from the field.
The Mountaineers (7-5) brought the score within six points with about a minute and a half to go. But they couldn't tighten it any more, trading shots with Idaho until Jacques Wilson hit a 3-pointer at the buzzer to bring the deficit to five. By then, it was too late.
Dan Stafford led the Mountaineers with 24 points while Jordan Gregg and Josh Landsverk each added 10.
- New Mexico State wins 3rd straight WAC title Mar 16
- Vandals and Aggies to decide WAC Tournament champion Mar 15
- Idaho will return to Big Sky Conference Oct 19
- Idaho hands No. 21 Utah State first WAC loss Feb 10
- Nevada rolls past Idaho 87-71 in WAC quarterfinal Mar 12
- Johnson leads Idaho past Hawaii 78-69 Mar 6
- Twitter comments lead to Idaho player's suspension Mar 6
- Idaho holds off San Jose State for 86-76 victory Mar 5
- Louisiana Tech defeats Idaho 60-49 Feb 27
- New Mexico State rides 3-pointers past Idaho 74-57 Feb 25
- Long Beach State easily beats Idaho 77-66 Feb 21
- Watson's 20 points lead Idaho past Seattle 82-72 Feb 19