Southern Illinois cruises past Alabama State 82-63Dec 12, 2009 - 11:38 PM CARBONDALE, Ill.(AP) -- Kevin Dillard's 19 points keyed Southern Illinois' 82-63 romp over Alabama State on Saturday.
Nick Evans scored 14 points - all in the second half - and Tony Freeman and Anthony Booker added 12 apiece for the Salukis (5-2), who shot a blistering 60.8 percent (31 of 51).
Menji Mundadi led the Hornets (1-6), hitting 9 of 15 shots, including 6 of 9 3-pointers, and all five free throws for a game-high 29 points. But Tramayne Moorer, with 12, was the only other Alabama State player in double figures.
Alabama State led 6-2 before Southern Illinois launched a 15-0 assault to grab a 17-6 advantage with 12:15 left in the first half.
Tramaine Butler's 3-pointer with 7:02 left cut the gap to 24-23, but the Salukis led 40-31 at intermission, and after Evans' jumper to open the second half made it 42-31, the Hornets never got within double digits.
- Wichita State tops SIU in MVC QFs Mar 6
- Salukis seek upset of Shockers in MVC Tournament Mar 6
- Wichita State cruises past Southern Illinois Feb 17
- Salukis face tall task in clash with 13th-ranked Shockers Feb 17
- Northern Iowa stays hot with win over Southern Illinois Jan 28
- MVC melee pits Panthers against Salukis Jan 28
- Carter scores 25 as Wichita State beats Southern Illinois Jan 14
- Salukis face uphill climb in clash with 13th-ranked Shockers Jan 14
- Wichita State goes to 26-0 after beating Southern Illinois Feb 11
- Salukis seek upset of fourth-ranked Shockers Feb 11
- Wichita State drops Southern Illinois in MVC opener Jan 3
- Shockers seeks revenge in MVC opener against Salukis Jan 2