Duquesne knocks off Robert Morris 59-54Dec 13, 2009 - 2:52 AM PITTSBURGH(AP) -- B.J. Monteiro scored 17 points to lead Duquesne to a 59-54 victory over Robert Morris on Saturday night.
Damien Saunders added 10 points and 17 rebounds for the Dukes (7-3), who took a 55-54 lead on Monteiro's jumper with 1:25 left and held the Colonials (3-5) scoreless the rest of the way.
There were nine lead changes, five in the final 8:18.
The Dukes led 51-46 with 4:58 left before Robert Morris' Karon Abraham hit a 3-pointer to cut the lead to 51-49. Saunders scored on a layup for a 53-49 advantage with 3:30 left, but Mezie Nwigwe scored on a layup and Velton Jones hit a 3 to give Robert Morris a 54-53 lead with 1:57 left.
Duquesne scored the final six points.
Robert Morris shot 35.6 percent from the field (21-for-59), the ninth opponent the Dukes have held to less than 40 percent shooting.
Abraham scored 18 and Jones added 12 for Robert Morris.
- NCAA BB
ROBERT MORRIS 54
DUQUESNE 59 FINAL
Dec 12 9:09 PM
- NCAA BB
ROBERT MORRIS 27
DUQUESNE 27 HALFTIME
Dec 12 7:56 PM
- Duquesne overcomes poor shooting to beat Robert Morris 72-65 Dec 19
- Ferry gets extension at Duquesne Jun 30
- Toole gets extension at Robert Morris Apr 15
- Duke crushes Robert Morris in NCAA opener Mar 21
- Colonials and Blue Devils mix it up in NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- VCU holds on to down Duquesne Jan 18
- Dukes seek upset of 17th-ranked Rams Jan 17
- No. 6 Tar Heels beat Robert Morris 103-59 Nov 17