Brown lifts Bowling Green past Canisius 58-54Dec 13, 2009 - 2:34 AM BUFFALO, N.Y.(AP) -- Dee Brown scored 16 points, including five free throws in the final 28 seconds, to help Bowling Green beat Canisius 58-54 on Saturday night.
The Falcons (5-3) have won four in a row and two straight road games after breaking a nine-game road losing streak on Dec. 5 at Fordham.
Otis Polk added 13 points and Scott Thomas had 10 for the Falcons.
Trailing 36-28 with 17:46 remaining in the game, Canisius went on a 10-0 run capped by two free throws by Frank Turner to put the Golden Griffins (4-4) ahead 46-38 with 12 minutes to play. The Falcons responded with an 11-2 run of their own to take the lead for good at 47-40 with 6:30 to go.
A 3-pointer by the Golden Griffins' Greg Logins cut the lead to 55-54 with 13 seconds to play, but Brown made three free throws to close out the scoring.
Julius Coles led the Golden Griffins with 17 points and Turner added 12.
BOWLING GREEN 58
CANISIUS 54 FINAL
Dec 12 9:12 PM
- NCAA BB
BOWLING GREEN 34
CANISIUS 27 HALFTIME
Dec 12 7:44 PM
- Canisius coach Baron retires after 29-year career May 20
- Bowling Green fires men's hoops coach for conduct breach Apr 2
- Jans named head coach at Bowling Green Mar 24
- Reports: Bowling Green to hire Wichita State's Jans Mar 23
- Bowling Green fires Orr Mar 11
- Balanced Badgers hammer Bowling Green Nov 22
- 12th-ranked Badgers set sights on Falcons Nov 21
- Bennett lifts UNLV over Canisius Dec 23
- Canisius heads to Sin City to take on No. 21 UNLV Dec 22
- No. 20 Michigan State gets by Bowling Green Dec 19
- 20th-ranked Spartans hit the road to face Falcons Dec 18
- No. 4 Syracuse routs Canisius Dec 15